Halloween is the one night of the year that HH and I watch a scary movie together. Horror is not my genre, I get way too scared because a small but very insistent part of me believes ghosts are real. How do I know? Because I used to work in a haunted library. I would be shelving books in some forlorn, lonely little corner and hear footsteps where no one was. I would hear the sound of a book falling and not find a single one out of place. Rumor says one poor student actually went insane after being accidentally locked in there all night. Sometimes I would get the closing shift, which I avoided if I possibly could. It entailed of walking every inch of the place, asking people to leave, all the while my boss would be turning off the lights. Sometimes I would get the lights turned out in the area where I was and I'd run to the next lit section. If I was lucky, I could convince my boyfriend (now HH) to come with me so the whole thing was less scary. Haunted libraries and scary movies are definitely less scary if there's someone holding your hand. Candy helps, too.
Do you believe in ghosts?
- weather: rainy
- cotton dress, thrifted at Frenzi, cost $4 divided by 2 uses = approximate current cost per wear (accpw) $2
- wool wrap sweater, h-m-d-f-m-i-l (hand-me-down from mother-in-law)
- leggings, local, accpw $4
- boots, old, accpw $1
- scarf, old, actually originally intended to be a christmas gift for my sister which I ended up keeping for myself (does anyone else do this?) accpw $3
- arm party: watch, Gap, American Eagle, Frenzi
- ethical ensemble evaluation: B+