1. Thank you to my shy readers who came forward yesterday. I'm so happy to have kinda met you!
2. My hair is driving me crazy. I kinda hate it lately. A friend's email asked recently, "When are you going to rock that short sassy haircut again?" And that question is totally haunting me. I'm itching to cut it. But then I remembered one of the reasons I've grown it (besides HH asking me to, because he thinks it's "so pretty" and how is one to resist that?) is my goal to grow ten inches of it to donate to Locks of Love. There. I said it publicly. Now I have to do it... Only four more inches to go!
3. Speaking of HH, he took me out for a lunch date at the Des Moines marina (pictured above) to help ease the pain of me being back to work this week. I had a very nice time. Too bad his shrimp sandwich was kinda gross. And too bad the restaurant doesn't make gazpacho, which is really all I wanted. My clam chowder and sourdough bread were quite tasty, although kind of an odd choice for a hot day.
What do you like to eat when it's hot?
- weather: hot
- occasion: work. long training. far less fun than actually teaching.
- studded sandals, approximate current cost per wear (accpw) $8
- dress, thrifted at Frenzi, cost $4. unless it was a half off sale? I can't remember, so let's play it safe. accpw $4
- arm party: Gap, old Banana (but tugs on knits), watch, old Jcrew
- necklace, gift! My M-i-L is pretty great.
Happy Birthday to a dear aunt and uncle today!