1. What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Are we talking about African swallors or European swallows? Because the average cruising speed of an unladen barn or European swallow is approximately 24 miles an hour. Apparently.
2. Who is your celebrity boyfriend or girlfriend?
My celebrity boyfriend isn't a Hollywood star, he's a dancer in the Pacific Northwest Ballet. His name is Karel Cruz and here he is, apparently dancing in his underwear.
3. What are you reading these days?
I'm in the middle of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, which has some beautiful lines so far such as "he loved her the way a bird-watcher's heart leaps when he hears the call of the roseate spoonbill, a fluffy pink wader, calling its lilting coo-coo from the mangroves." Oh!
4. In the kitchen, what can you make better than anyone else?
Not awesome at making, but I've gained some impressive Loading the Dishwasher skills recently. Oh, and my blueberry ice cream is pretty great. As is my lemon ice cream. In my humble opinion.
5. What would (or will) be the title of your memoirs?
There Are Lots of Right Answers
6. If you could dive into any book or movie and live there, what book or movie would it be?
Amelie? Paris, cute shops, interesting strangers, fresh produce, gnomes and creme brulee? Why not?!
7. Name one thing on your bucket list.
8. Are you a cat person, a dog person, or some other kind of person?
I love Lucy, my dogger, but I like most dogs, cats, otters, giraffes, bears, birds, elephants, tigers.... but not squirrels!
9. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A nun, an interior decorator, a mounted policewoman, an artist, a newspaper editor, a psychologist, a fashion or costume designer, a singer...
10. Picture it: you're in the car, listening to the radio. A new song starts, you shriek with horror and punch at the radio buttons to make it stop. Who's playing?
It's more like groaning, not so much shrieking. I'm pretty tired of a bunch of people, but I'm really enjoying the Lumineers, the Killers, Imagine Dragons, and Fun lately.
11. What do you collect?
I don't mean to collect things, but I like certain objects and pretty soon, I have a bunch of them. Examples: pink tops, bags, plaid shirts, birds, yellow things, picture frames, dandelion themed things...
Thank you, Maria, for the Liebster Award! I love awards!
- weather: perfectly pleasant
- top, consigned a few years ago, recently altered, approximate current cost per wear (accpw) $5
- skirt, thrifted new with tags, accpw $3.50
- patent cognac bag, thrifted new with tags, accpw $10 (doesn't it look like a paper grocery bag if you just give it a quick glance?)
- necklace, locally built, accpw $9
- studded sandals, accpw $8
- ethical ensemble evaluation: A-