Wednesday, August 22, 2012
(No names will be given in order to protect the innocent as well as the guilty.) I recently read a post from a blogger I like. It referenced another blog. I clicked on it and was sucked into a vortex of snark and vitriol. The blog is dedicated to being incredibly mean to a few target blogs, apparently. The author clearly approves of four or five other blogs. And it mercilessly shoots down others. Well, ok, not exactly mercilessly- they never attack people's faces or weight. But clothes, poses, hair, nails, shoes, and bad grammar are all fair game. Oh, I am ashamed to say I read it WAY too long. It felt kind of good to mock people with waaaay more money than I have. I even agreed with some of their ideas. They seem to especially hate two bloggers for whom style blogging is a full time job. Ok, I understand if someone's blog is their main source of income that maybe they could be more innovative... but seriously- if you really hate a blog, STOP READING IT! Don't use it as fodder for your random rage!
If you ever get sick of me, please just stop reading. Stop following. It's ok. No hard feelings. It's been a good to share the times we've had. Please don't write blog post after blog post about how much you hate me and I'll extend the same courtesy. Deal?
- weather: refreshingly cool and cloudy after our heat wave
- occasion: dinner
- silk and leather trim halter top, thrifted, $2.50 at Secret Closet half off sale, accpw $2.50
- skirt, thrifted at Frenzi, $2, accpw $2
- bronze sandals, old, bought locally, accpw $2
- flower clutch, old, bought locally, accpw $3
- arm party: hair tie, old, old, thrifted, watch
- ethical ensemble evaluation: A