The silk skirt in the second photo used to be a midi-skirt when I first found it at Goodwill. But I turned it into a high-low hem skirt two months ago using Mongs' tutorial. Which means I hacked off a bunch of it and never hemmed it despite wearing it twice! But after reading Overdressed by Elizabeth Cline, I've rediscovered my will and ability to sew. Which is not at all impressive. I do not own a sewing machine and my ability to stitch hasn't improved much since I was five years old and my grandmother taught me how to put thread through the eye of a needle. It literally took me hours to hem this skirt and I finished it off with a quick iron.
Go check out the other outfits inspired by this painting at Salazar's blog, 14 Shades of Gray!
- blue top, old, approximate current cost per wear (accpw) $20
- shorts, accpw $15
- bronze sandals, accpw $1
- crossbody bag, accpw $4
- ethical ensemble evaluation: B
- chambray shirt, thrifted, accpw $1.67
- silk skirt, thrifted, accpw $1
- high heel sandals, thrifted, accpw $2
- bag, consigned, accpw $8
- ethical ensemble evaluation: A+