An Ethical-Shopping, Cost-Per-Wear Focused, Book-Reading, Food-Eating, Dog-Walking Seattle Girl's Style Blog
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Book Review: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
If you're a blogger, you might be familiar with Jenny Lawson's work already because of her blog, The Blogess. You might know she wrote her memoirs, called Let's Pretend This Never Happened (A Mostly True Memoir). Many people have reviewed this book already and have called it hilarious. It is. But what you may not know is that it is also a little bit heart breaking. Yes, I laughed out loud many times, but I also cried. The writing isn't exactly high literature, but it's not meant to be. Like a good memoir, it has excellent voice and it felt like I was talking to a new friend most of the time, complete with asides and ramblings. At the end, I felt sad that I had run out of pages to read, but the good news is that when I want to hang out, I can just go visit her blog and read some more! If you're short on time and want "just the good parts" I highly recommend the following chapters:
- Stanley, the Magical Talking Squirrel
- No One Ever Taught Me Couch Etiquette
- If You See My Liver, You've Gone Too Far
- Thanks For the Zombies, Jesus
- Honestly I Don't Even Know Where I Got That Machete
- And That's Why You Should Learn To Pick Your Battles
Do you like funny memoirs? Have you read this book? What do you think?
- weather: cold and rainy
- tunic, consigned (wait, does that word mean I sold it at a consignment store? can it mean i bought it there? because that's what i mean) $11 but apparently worth about ten times that online! whoo hoo!
- black pants, accpw $10
- rainboots, accpw $1 and looking oddly gray, not that i'm willing to do anything about it...